0004 sheets of timber 2.4 x 1.2m
0024 pcs of chairs & cushions
0072 cable ties for pairs of legs
0144 pcs of triangle legs
0288 pcs steel hinges
1152 screw bolts
1152 nuts for the bolts
78++ hours of production
This stool was birth from a bigger function of the AAIS Culinary Experience - to serve as furniture for 20 guest. Conceptually re-iterated from the main focus of triangulations, the stool emphasizes on the geometric forms of the entire project.
Aim was to produce 20 -30 chairs.Sponsorship from B&Q allowed us to get timber sheets for free. A schematic had to be produced in order for the most effective way of cutting up the irregular shapes of Triangles for chairs.
1. Get all the pieces cut in the AA workshop
2. Sand them down and cut edges for more stability at the legs.
3. Purchasing the hinges, right length of bolts and nuts to secure the legs to the top.
4. Drilling holes and assembling hinges and 6 pieces of legs one by one.
5. How to attach the legs together when becoming a furniture – cable ties.